Thursday 30 August 2012

Hello lovelies!

Yesterday I was playing in the kitchen and came up with a kind of 'victoria sponge cake' recipe. The cake is made with Apple and coconut flour. If you havn't used coconut flour before, I highly recommend it. It can also be used in baking. But it is RAW.

 I blended 5 small apples with about 200g coconut flour. I also added a pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of Vanilla.

I pressed the mixture into little silicone muffin trays and let them 'set' in the fridge.

 Next the jam filling. I blended 3 tablespoons of chia seeds with some water and then added a handful of strawberries. To this mix I then added 50g freeze dried raspberry powder, about 50g coconut palm sugar and 2 tablespoons of coconut manna.

The result after blending was a beautiful, thick 'jam' with a nice sweet, yet tart flavour.

I took the cakes from the moulds and cut them in half, filling them with the jam.

To finish- I chose to dust them with Xylitol. You might like to use desiccated coconut .

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment