Tuesday 27 December 2011




Merry Christmas!

I hope you have all had a wonderful time. I had my first ever London Christmas. A low key affair. Lots of cooking, Watching Films and cycling through the quiet streets of Hackney!

I decided not to have a 'Raw Christmas'. Instead, I resorted to Mum's trusty copy of The Cranks cookbook. We made a nut loaf. I tweaked it a little, adding Porchini mushrooms and chestnuts. I used Spelt bread instead of Wholewheat. I also Added a layer of Cranberries to the bottom of the loaf tin.

Looking ahead to The New year- Im gearing up to start meetings with Chris, to discuss the new series of Supper clubs. We hope to hold the first one in February.

I am also thinking about making a limited edition, hand printed recipe booklet. I plan to work on this project with an Artist/Graphic designer friend of mine. He is keen to use lots of traditional Letterpress and screen printing techniques. I want delicious photography...all faded colours and gaudy vintage crockery.

Wishing you all a Peaceful, happy and healthy Festive time.

Roll on 2012!






No comments:

Post a Comment