Saturday 22 October 2011

Coxeter's Fayre goes to River Cottage!












Dear friends,

Im sorry. My blogs have been a bit..absent. I guess I have just been busy....! But that is a good thing, isn't it?!

Exciting things have been happening. I have been involved in the latest series of River cottage! Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall has gone VEGETARIAN for his latest series. He wanted to explore all things Veggie & I was contacted by his producer several months ago, to discuss ideas for an episode on raw food.
I decided on the idea of a Raw Vegan supper club, with the help of my friend Chris, who is a talented Vegan chef. We invited Hugh along, to help us in the kitchen, then he joined the other diners, for what I believe to be his first ever Raw vegan dining experience! You can catch all of this on Chanel 4. I THINK it is on air on the 27th November or 4th December.

A couple of weeks later, Chris and I were invited down to River Cottage HQ for a big feast, made for us by Hugh and his team of talented Chefs. It was for all the participants of the series, as a kind of summary of his last 6 months, being a vegetarian. Im so proud of what Chris and I achieved. I hope we managed to inspire Hugh, showing him what is possible with a plant based diet. I was certainly inspired by my visit to River cottage, as you can see from the snaps I took, whilst down there.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I wont say too much more- You will have to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment