Thursday 14 January 2010

Durian day!!!



This morning I rushed downstairs like an excitable kid at Christmas! Its Durian day!!! It wasn't as ripe as it could have been, I had to cut it open with a knife (it should naturally open itself)
DIVINE!! Didnt eat it all, saved half for my mum and I to share a the weekend.
My Kale chips were ready too! 4 whole trays of them. The Nutritional yeast flakes add such a good flavour (not to mention the B12). I am going to try and ration them!!!
I watched an interesting video on youtube last night. Makes me realise that i am probably doing the right thing having some raw goats cheese in my diet. I might even eat some fish to see what happens. Excited to see if i can get some raw dairy at Plaw hatch farm on saturday.
The ONE thing i have really craved since going raw is Quinoa. I think it is one of the best things to eat, full of protein and amino acids. I tried sprouting it but it isnt the same. So i think i will start eating some cooked Quinoa from now on. I am having my blood tests done next week, to check my iron levels, B12 levels and all the other basic tests. Might throw some interesting info up...? All raw foodists are experimenting. No one has really done it long term, to see the results, also, we are all very different, so many factors and variables are involved. Its important to do what feels right for you, not what someone else is preaching about. The only thing with eating raw goats cheese for me is that it makes me quite 'flemmy' (sorry if that turns your stomach)! Not good when im singing, still, everything in moderation!


No comments:

Post a Comment